Enfield Shaker Museum logo

leaficonWe Accept Buses!

The Ministry House

1880

Ministry House

The Ministry House, constructed in 1880, was the last building built by the Enfield Shakers. More than any other Church Family building it shows some Victorian influence in its design. It originally stood behind the Moses Johnson Meeting House in the approximate location of the Mary Keane House today. It housed the New Hampshire Bishopric's Ministry during their time in Enfield.

Ministry House

The La Salette brothers moved the Ministry House to its present location in 1928 in anticipation of the construction of the Mary Keane House. Today it is rented as a private residence and offices.


Enfield Shaker Museum is a 501(c)3 non-profit educational institution dedicated to interpreting and preserving the complex history of the Enfield Shaker Village and the Missionaries of La Salette.