- This event has passed.
World Wide Knit in Public Day
June 12, 2021 @ 11:00 am - 3:00 pm
The Shakers knit–and so do we! Everyone is welcome to gather on this day at Enfield Shaker Museum to knit, crochet, and weave. All fiber arts welcome!
This event is FREE! Bring your project, your yarn, your needles, and a chair, blanket, and lunch or snacks. We’ll provide:
- tents–but you may wish to bring your own (or bring an umbrella, depending on the forecast)!
- water, rhubarb punch, and cookies!
- hourly door prizes!
- lessons for those who want to learn how to knit or crochet!
- stash renewal through a yarn swap!
- AND an up-close look at Shaker spinning wheels and related fiber production tools!
We will be knitting washcloths for the Upper Valley Haven in White River Junction, VT. We’ll provide the cotton yarn and a dishcloth pattern for you to knit. Please bring size 7 or 8 knitting needles! It would be wonderful if you also brought a packaged bar of soap to be included with your washcloth.
Other knit and crochet items, from socks to hats to scarves, are also welcome. Start your project with us and bring them to the Museum when you’re done!
Worldwide Knit in Public Day is the largest knitter-run event in the world. It started in 2005 and is now celebrated in 57 different countries.
We hope you’ll come out and join us!