An engaging multi-day program designed to enhance your knowledge and enjoyment of collecting all things Shaker. Featuring talks, tours, and behind-the-scenes experiences with Enfield Shaker Museum’s collection, Shaker Collectors Weekend is a rich opportunity to connect with fellow enthusiasts and learn from experts on Shaker material culture and history.
|Friday, August 12:
- A tour of highlights from the Shaker collection at the Hood Museum, Dartmouth College
- Dinner and cruise aboard the M.V. Kearsarge Restaurant Ship on Lake Sunapee
Saturday, August 13:
- Choice of two hands-on Master Classes:
- Conservation Techniques & Wood Identification with Andy Belisle
- Shaker Furniture of New Hampshire with Richard Dabrowski
- Adventures in Good Collecting with Tommy Hines
- Cataloging for Collectors with Emma Franco-Toner
- Panel Discussion | Approaches to Collecting: Exploring the Perspectives of the Museum, Collector, and Dealer, featuring Phil Zea, Tommy Hines, Robert Hamilton, and John Keith Russell
- Build Your Own Tour
- Keynote | “Curious Objects” live podcast on the history of Shaker Sewing Desks with host Benjamin Miller, sponsored by the Magazine Antiques
Sunday, August 14:
- The Belfits & the Shakers: A Heritage of Endearment, presented by Ashley Freinberg. To learn more about the Belfits click here.
Optional add-on experiences include:
- Golf at Montcalm Golf Club
- A behind-the-scenes tour of Canterbury Shaker Village
Thank you to our sponsors.