Accommodations at Enfield Shaker Museum
Twenty guest rooms are available on the 3rd and 4th floors of the historic Great Stone Dwelling. All guest rooms have an attached private bathroom.
On the 3rd floor, there are eight guest rooms, each measuring 20′ x 20′, with two queen beds, bedside tables, a sofa (pull-out with full mattress), coffee table and two upholstered wing chairs, as well as a writing desk and chair.
On the 4th floor, there are five guest rooms with two queen beds, a bedside table, wing chair, writing desk and chair; and seven guest rooms with one queen bed, a bedside table, wing chair, writing desk and chair.
Our guests remark that they find these rooms to be spacious and very comfortable.
Seven smaller rooms on the 4th floor, each with one queen bed, desk, wing chair, and a private bathroom.
Thirteen spacious rooms on the 3rd and 4th floors, each with two queen beds, desk, wing chairs, and a private bathroom.
Book a Room Online
Rates vary by season and do not include 8.5% New Hampshire Room and Meals Tax. There are no booking fees. Additional guests above the designated occupancy in a room are $25 per person per night. Children under 12 stay for free.
Guest Room Features
- Restored Shaker Architecture
- Attached Private Bathrooms
- Reproduction Shaker Furniture
- Desk with Reproduction Shaker Chair
- Additional Soft Seating Option(s) in every guest room
- Free Wireless High Speed Internet
- Multi-Port USB Charging Station
- Hair Dryer
- Alarm Clock
- Most Double Rooms have a pull-out couch with full-sized mattress and coffee table; Available on Request
- Full-sized Crib Available on Request
- Irons and Ironing Boards Available
- Free Self-Serve Coffee/ Tea in the Dining Room
- An Ice Machine and Ice Buckets are Available in the Kitchen
- Flexible Check-In/Check-Out Hours
- Ample Free Parking
- Well-behaved leashed dogs are welcome with advance notice for a flat non-refundable $30 fee. The fee is waived for those traveling with service animals. Please email email@example.com with your pet accommodation needs at least 48 hours before your stay.
Important Facts about Staying in the Great Stone Dwelling
The Great Stone Dwelling is open year-round for overnight guests. Overnight stays include complimentary admission to the Enfield Shaker Museum, a 10% discount at the Gift Shop, and access to our beautiful grounds, herb garden, and hiking trails.
In the Great Stone Dwelling, no matter what the season, guests are free to visit the Orientation Room, Shaker Dining Room, and Gift Shop (1st floor), as well as the Shaker Meeting Room and three Exhibit Rooms (2nd floor).
The Great Stone Dwelling is not a waterfront property. The Dwelling does not have any rooms with views of Mascoma Lake.
This is a restored historic building. There are no elevators in the building.
There is no daily room service. Clean towels are on the shelves in the hallways on the 3rd and 4th floor. Bed linen changes are available upon request.
Meals are not served onsite. Complimentary coffee, tea, hot apple cider, and hot chocolate are available in the Dining Room (24/7). Snacks, soft drinks, fruit juice, and bottled water (plain and flavored seltzer) are available in our Gift Shop (Wednesday-Saturday 10-5; Sunday 12-5). The Room Guide lists many nice restaurants within a 10- to 20-minute drive.
I was pleased to learn that the overnight accommodations in the Great Stone Dwelling will be available on a more frequent basis than in the past. Having spent several nights in your historic and gracious dwelling, I found the rooms to be spacious and very well maintained. Thank you for maintaining such a lovely property, inside and out. The peaceful surroundings provide a quiet respite from the hectic world.